NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. THE CHALLENGE IS OPEN WORLDWIDE TO PERSONS WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, EXCEPT FOR RESIDENTS OF: BRAZIL, QUEBEC, CRIMEA, DONETSK, LUHANSK, CUBA, IRAN, SYRIA, AND NORTH KOREA AND INELIGIBLE PERSONS AS SPECIFIED IN SECTION 2. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW OR REGULATION.
Webflow Conf 2023 (the “Conference”) Speed Build Challenge (the “Challenge”) is a skill contest where each Challenge entrant (“Challenger”) must design and build a creative webpage using Webflow’s product during each round of the Challenge.
1. BINDING AGREEMENT: By entering the Challenge, you agree to these Official Rules, which form a binding contract between you and Webflow.
IF YOU ARE AGREEING TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH ENTITY TO THESE TERMS, IN WHICH CASE THE TERM “YOU” SHALL REFER TO SUCH ENTITY. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SUCH AUTHORITY, OR DO NOT OTHERWISE AGREE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST NOT AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES IMPORTANT LEGAL OBLIGATIONS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INDEMNITY OBLIGATIONS (SECTION 8(C)) AND A MANDATORY ARBITRATION PROVISION (SECTION 15).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Challenge is open worldwide to persons who are 18 years of age or older (or the age of legal majority, if older), except for residents: Brazil, Quebec, Crimea, Donetsk, Luhansk, Cuba, Iran, Syria, and North Korea and ineligible persons described in the following paragraph.
Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to participate in the Challenge: (a) Sponsor’s directors, members, partners, marketing affiliates, employees, consultants or agents and their respective affiliates, and each of their respective companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, (b) suppliers of goods or services in connection with the Challenge, including individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for the Challenge; (c) persons who (i) are in the immediate family of any person in any of the preceding categories (including mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son, spouse, grandmother, grandfather, children or grandchildren), regardless of where they live, or (ii) reside in the same household, whether related or not, as any person in any of the preceding categories; (d) persons or entities under U.S. export controls or sanctions. All eligibility is subject to all national, provincial, municipal, territorial, federal, state and local laws and regulations. By participating in the Challenge, you unconditionally accept and agree to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, whose decisions shall be final and binding in all respects.
3. SPONSOR: The Challenge is sponsored by Webflow, Inc. a Delaware corporation with a principal place of business at 398 11th St. Fl. 2, San Francisco, California, 94103, USA. (“Webflow” or “Sponsor”).
4. CHALLENGE PERIOD: The Challenge begins at 12:00:00 A.M. Pacific Time (PT) Zone in the United States on June 21, 2023 and ends on October 5, 2023 following the conclusion of the Finals at the Conference (“Challenge Period”).
5. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Challenge, you must complete the online application for the Challenge by providing Webflow: (i) your name, country of residency, and email address; (ii) a 1-minute video introducing yourself; (iii) a 10-minute speed build video as specified in the online application for the Challenge; and (iv) your photo.
6. JUDGING: In every round of the Challenge, each entrant (“Challenger”) will be judged by a panel of experts who are employees of Sponsor (“Judges”). For Rounds 2 – 4, a live audience may also award bonus points as set forth in the Judging Criteria below.
During Submissions Judging, each entry, including the webpage you design and build, including all content therein (collectively, the “Content”), shall be judged by a panel of judges appointed by Sponsor. These judges will evaluate each entry (using a 1–10 scorecard system) based on your design and use of Webflow interactions.
For rounds 1–3, each Challenger will be evaluated by Judges pursuant to the same rubric as in Submissions Judging and each Challenger may also receive up to five (5) bonus points via polls from the live audience during the Speed Build Challenge livestream.
To compete in Round 1, Challengers must: (i) have a minimum internet connection speed of 15 Mbps down and 15 Mbps up; (ii) be comfortable with being on camera and sharing your screen; (iii) be available to to compete on the day of the round; and (iv) have an advanced knowledge of HTML structure, CSS, and Webflow interactions.
To compete in Rounds 2 and 3, Challengers must: (i) be a registered Conference attendee (no purchase of Conference ticket necessary) and (ii) be able to attend the Conference in-person.
7. CHALLENGE PRIZES: Challengers whose entries meet the qualification standards of these Official Rules will receive the applicable Challenge prizes (“Prizes”) as set forth below.
8. RELEASE OF LIABILITY; CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
(a) Transmission of Information. Sponsor and its respective officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors, and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by you or not, typographical or other errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Challenge; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Challenge; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in (a) the administration of the Challenge, (b) the uploading, processing, or eligibility determination of entries, (c) the announcement of the eligible Challenge winners, or (d) the Prizes or any Challenge-related materials; (5) late, lost, misdirected, inaccurate, incorrect, undeliverable, damaged or stolen entries or email; (6) costs associated with claiming or redeeming the Prizes; or (7) losses or damages resulting from a Challenger’s connection to the Internet via any website referenced herein. The Released Parties are not responsible for any (a) incorrect, mistranscribed, misdirected or undeliverable entries or e-mail transmissions, (b) incorrect announcements, (c) technical problems, including, without limitation, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, or any hardware/software, (d) lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission, or (e) a combination of any of the foregoing. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for (i) late, lost, incomplete, inaccurate or damaged entries, (ii) undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or e-mail client, or (iii) insufficient space in user's e-mail account to receive e-mail. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any damage (whether material or non-material) caused to your computer equipment or to data which is stored on such equipment, or to your personal, professional or commercial activities. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
(b) Fraud; Reservation of Rights. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify this Challenge, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, or any other factors impair the integrity or proper functioning of the Challenge, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine eligible Challenge winners from all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Challenge, (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules, or (c) acting in a dishonest, fraudulent, unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, and to void all associated entries. The preceding remedy in no way precludes Sponsor from taking legal or other actions against such individuals so as to protect its rights. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules in a given circumstance does not constitute the waiver of such provision.
(c) RELEASE AND INDEMNITY. By participating in the Challenge, you hereby release the Released Parties, and agree to indemnify, defend, and hold the Released Parties, and the other persons and entities involved in the development, production, and/or administration of the Challenge, harmless, from any and against all liability for losses, harm, damages, injury, costs, fees, and expenses, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death, arising from participating in the Challenge, any Challenge-related activity, and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any Prize, and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
9. PUBLICITY: By competing in the Challenge, you agree: (i) that Sponsor and its agencies may use your name and/or likeness and materials you submit for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law; (ii) your video and audio will be streamed during the Challenge and/or Conference; (iii) your video, audio, and likeness may be used for the Conference and/or future related marketing material of Sponsor, and (iv) to hereby waive any claims that you may have against Sponsor in connection with any such usage.
10. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: By participating in the Challenge you represent and warrant that you have the right to use the intellectual property you utilize during the Challenge. Further, if you own or are deemed to own any of the Content, you agree that as a condition of participation in this Challenge, you hereby grant Webflow a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, publicly perform, publicly display and create derivative work(s) from, any of the Content. You specifically agree that Webflow shall have the right to use, reproduce, publicly perform, and publicly display the Content in connection with advertising and promotion of the Challenge and/or Conference, including, but not limited to the right to make screenshots, animations, and video clips available for promotional purposes.
12.TAXES: DISTRIBUTION OF CHALLENGER PRIZE(S) TO POTENTIAL WINNERS MAY BE SUBJECT TO THE EXPRESS REQUIREMENT THAT THEY SUBMIT TO SPONSOR ALL DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED BY SPONSOR TO PERMIT IT TO COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE STATE, FEDERAL, LOCAL AND FOREIGN (INCLUDING PROVINCIAL) TAX REPORTING AND WITHHOLDING REQUIREMENTS. ALL PRIZES WILL BE NET OF ANY TAXES WEBFLOW IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO WITHHOLD. ALL TAXES IMPOSED ON PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS. In order to receive some cash prizes, Challengers must submit the tax documentation requested by Sponsor or otherwise required by applicable law, to Sponsor or the relevant tax authority, all as determined by applicable law, including, where relevant, the law of the potential winner’s country or state of residence. Challengers who receive cash prizes are responsible for ensuring that they comply with all applicable tax laws and filing requirements. If a Challenger subject to such taxes fails to provide such documentation or comply with such laws, the applicable Prize(s) may be forfeited and Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select an alternative Challenger to receive the prize.
13. NOT AN OFFER OR CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT: Under no circumstances shall the submission of an entry into the Challenge, the awarding of a Prize, or anything in these Official Rules be construed as an offer or contract of employment with either Webflow, or its affiliates. You acknowledge that no confidential, fiduciary, agency or other relationship or implied-in-fact contract now exists between you and Webflow or its entities and that no such relationship is established by your participation in the Challenge under these Official Rules.
14. FORCE MAJEURE: If, for any reason, the Challenge (or any part thereof) is not capable of running as planned by reason of computer virus, bug, system malfunction, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, fire, flood, earthquake, storm or other natural cataclysm, riot, strike, terrorist activity, civil commotion, governmental regulation, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in its sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Challenge (or any part thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Challenge, or to thereafter conduct the Challenge by selecting the Prize winner(s) for the affected Challenge based on the earliest-submitted entries received for such affected Challenge or otherwise in a manner which is fair, equitable and in accordance with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
15. ARBITRATION. By entering the Challenge, you agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute, claim, or demand related in any way to the Challenge will be finally and exclusively decided by binding arbitration if you and Webflow are unable to resolve a dispute through informal negotiations. Any election to arbitrate by one party will be final and binding on the other. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT IF EITHER PARTY ELECTS TO ARBITRATE, NEITHER PARTY WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT OR HAVE A JURY TRIAL. The arbitration will be commenced and conducted under the Commercial Arbitration Rules (the “AAA Rules”) of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and, where appropriate, the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (“AAA Consumer Rules”), both of which are available at the AAA website www.adr.org. Your arbitration fees and your share of arbitrator compensation will be governed by the AAA Rules (and, where appropriate, limited by the AAA Consumer Rules). If your claim for damages does not exceed $10,000, Webflow will pay all such fees unless the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in your Demand for Arbitration was frivolous or was brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)). The arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone or online. The arbitrator will make a decision in writing, but need not provide a statement of reasons unless requested by a party. The arbitrator must follow applicable law, and any award may be challenged if the arbitrator fails to do so. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, you and Webflow may litigate in court to compel arbitration, stay proceeding pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate, or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
16. GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE: These Official Rules shall be governed by, subject to, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, United States of America, excluding all conflict of law rules. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Challenge are hereby excluded, and you expressly waive any and all such rights.
17. WINNER’S LIST. You may request a list of winners by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Webflow, Inc. 398 11th St. Fl. 2, San Francisco, California, 94103. Requests for winners' lists must be received within one month after the end of the Challenge Period.