All attendees, speakers, sponsors, and volunteers at Webflow Conf 2022 (“Conference”) must agree to abide by this code of conduct (“Code of Conduct”), which organizers will enforce throughout the conference. We expect everyone to work together to help ensure a safe environment for everyone.
Webflow Events Code of Conduct
Webflow events are dedicated to providing a harassment-free learning experience for everyone, regardless of:
- Gender identity or expression
- Sexual orientation
- Physical appearance
- Body size
- Native language
- Religion (or lack thereof)
- Technology choices
- Life experiences
- Other defining characteristics
We don’t tolerate harassment of any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any event, including talks, workshops, meetups, parties, Twitter, and other online media.
Unacceptable Behavior (“Unacceptable Behavior”) includes:
- Offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, nationality, native language, religion (or lack thereof), technology choices, life experiences, or other defining characteristics
- Any lewd or offensive behavior or language, using sexually explicit or offensive language or conduct, obscene gestures, profanity, display of sexual images in public spaces, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs
- Deliberate intimidation
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Failure to wear clothing that is suitable for a work environment, that is provocative, inappropriate or otherwise offensive.
- Any destruction or vandalization of personal property, the event site, or materials
- Possessing any illegal substance
- Possessing any open receptacle containing alcohol beverages, except in areas specifically designated for the consumption of alcohol. Being excessively intoxicated, as determined by Webflow - please drink responsibly.
- Smoking in areas that are not designated as smoking areas
- Committing any unlawful act or engaging in any offensive behavior
- Failure to obey any of the rules or regulations of the event venues or instructions of Webflow event staff
- Failure to comply with the COVID-19 Safety Acknowledgement, which you acknowledged and agreed to upon registering for the Conference
- Do not engage in any Unacceptable Behavior described above — be respectful and considerate, and refrain from discriminatory or otherwise inappropriate behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert event staff if you notice a dangerous situation or if you or someone else is in distress.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it to a member of the Conference staff as soon as possible. Conference staff is always available at the registration desk at the entrance to Webflow Conf, and at the information desk located on the patio. If you experience or witness a life-threatening emergency, please contact local authorities by dialing 911 immediately.
Harassment and other Code of Conduct violations reduce the value and safety of our event for everyone. We want you to be comfortable at our event. You can make a report either personally or anonymously.
If you see a Code of Conduct violation and you’re comfortable doing so, let the person know that what they did is inappropriate and ask them to stop. That person should immediately stop the behavior and correct the issue. If the behavior continues, or if you’re uncomfortable speaking up:
- Contact Conference staff as soon as possible (anonymously, in person at the event, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A staff member will immediately address the issue and take further action
When taking a personal report, our staff will ensure you’re safe and can’t be overheard. Our staff may involve other event staff to ensure your report is managed properly. Once you’re safe, we’ll ask you to tell us what happened. We realize this can be upsetting, but we’ll handle it as respectfully as possible. If you would like, you can bring someone with you for support while you make the report. You won’t be asked to confront anyone and we won’t tell the offending individual (or anyone else) who you are.
Our team will be happy to help you:
- Contact hotel or venue security, local law enforcement, or local support services
- Provide escorts, or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event
We value you and appreciate your attendance.
Sponsor and Webflow Obligations
Sponsors are also subject to this Code of Conduct. In particular, sponsors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material.
Webflow event organizers should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
Anyone asked to stop any harassing behavior or violations of the Code of Conduct must do so immediately. If a participant engages in harassing behavior, Conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender, expelling the offender from the Conference without warning or refund, and engaging local law enforcement.