The template must meet all of these requirements to be added to the Webflow Marketplace. Go through this checklist before sending your template for the first review.
Choose a Category and a Primary Tag
Pick a primary tag below that best fit your template. This will be the main way we describe your template throughout the template marketplace. Ex: Choose "Cafe" if it's a template for cafe businesses.
- Design Tags:
Agency, Portfolio, Designer, Creative, Interior Design
- Business Tags:
Small Business, Corporate, Consulting, Startup, Coaching, Real Estate, Architecture, Construction, Logistics, Transport, Delivery, Attorney, Law Firm, Finance, Accounting, Bank, Investment, Insurance, Recruitment, Retail, Cars, Agriculture, Farm, Florist, Pets, Kids, Furniture, Homeware
- Technology Tags:
App, SaaS, Software, Startup, Dashboard, Admin, Mobile, Help Center, Support, IT Company, Dashboard, Mobile, App, Startup, Business, Small Business
- Blog Tags:
Personal, Travel, Food, Fashion, Beauty, Wellness, Technology, Magazine, Newspaper
- Marketing Tags:
Landing page, Newsletter, Social, Event, Conference, Marketing, Startup
- Photography & Video:
Photography, Video, Movie, Film
- Entertainment Tags:
Music, Musician, Band, DJ, Podcast, Radio, Book, Video, Movie, Film, Game, Dance, Artist, Magazine, Newspaper, News
- Food & Drink Tags:
Food, Restaurant, Bar, Coffee Shop, Cafe, Recipe, Winery
- Travel Tags:
- Education Tags:
School, University, College
- Sports Tags:
Fitness, Gym, Soccer, Wellness
- Medical Tags:
Health, Dentist, Doctor, Hospital, Veterinary
- Nonprofit Tags:
Charity, Church, Religion, Political
- Beauty & Wellness Tags:
Beauty, Wellness, Barber, Salon, Spa, Massage, Therapy
- Fashion Tags:
Accessories, Jewelry, Fashion
These tags should be used as additional template tags:
Ui Kit, One Page, Multipurpose, Coming Soon, Countdown, Under Construction, Directory, Documentation, Resume, CV, Personal, Wedding
Combining tags from multiple categories
Templates should aim for a single business vertical but it is possible to add tags from a distinct category whenever it makes sense.
1 - A Therapy App template should be under the Beauty & Wellness category but it can also have the App Tag.
2 - A Gym template should be under the Sports category but it can also have the Business and Small Business Tags.
3 - An Architecture template with multiple layouts should be under the Business category but it should also have the Ui Kit Tag.
4 - A Bank template with a single page should be under the Business category but it should also have the One page Tag.
One Page and Landing Page Tags
Not all single-page templates are Landing pages. Templates with a single page should be tagged as One page, but the Landing Page tag should only be used on single page templates that are oriented for conversion.
Ui Kit Tag
The UI Kit tag should be added to templates with more than three layout variations for a minimum of three static pages.
Each layout needs to be unique and respect the template theme. In other words, it should only be related to one business vertical.
- Website layout should follow consistent spacing and not appear crammed or cluttered
- The main structure of the site should use sections, containers, grid, and flexbox when possible.
- Sections should have a min-height instead of a height so that it can grow when there’s more content added. This problem is usually found in hero sections.
- Website should not have any horizontal scrolling.
Many of today's templates offer multiple layout variations for home pages, contact pages, etc. Designers can add layout variations to their template but should follow these guidelines:
- The entire template should have a cohesive style.
- Content and design should fit within a set of related tags. In other words you should not target multiple verticals for one template.
- Good example: A business template with 5 different homepage variations, 5 different pricing page variations, and miscellaneous pages that fit the "business" vertical (like landing page, jobs page, etc).
- Bad example: A business template with a different homepage variation for a business, one for a phone app, one for an agency, one for a restaurant, and one for a portfolio. These are all different verticals.
Templates with a minimum of three layout variations fr three static pages are tagged with "UI Kit".
- Do not add a business address or configure any Ecommerce settings (including store currency, shipping or tax zones, etc.). This will ensure, among other things, that all our stores will start with default currency settings.
- In Ecommerce tab > Setup Guide, the following steps should remain unchecked:
- Business address
- Shipping method
- Tax settings
- Payment provider
Note about business address
- Once a business address has been added, it cannot be removed, so it is very important that the business address is not added when creating a template. For this reason, we can also allow existing templates with a business address to stay in the template marketplace.
- Should be in the Navbar or otherwise visible on each page
- Should contain standard elements (items, subtotal, checkout buttons) and be functional
- Ideally, should contain all major supported payment methods
- Regular checkout button
- Webpayments (optional)
- PayPal checkout
Checkout page should include:
- Checkout form
- Order items
- Order summary
Checkout PayPal page should include
- PayPal checkout form
- Order items
- Order summary
- Styling should be consistent with Checkout page
Order confirmation page
- Should include order confirmation element
Product template page should include:
- Add to Cart element
- Product description
- Product image
Category template page should include:
- Product categories list
- Links to listed product pages
- Products and categories should use consistent casing, correct spelling, and names that make sense, especially in custom fields
- There should be a sufficient number of dummy products and categories included in the template for the design to look good
- We recommend making sure at least some products have variants, when it makes sense for your template.