Trademark Usage Policy
First and foremost, Webflow encourages Webflow-based businesses and our intent with this Trademark Usage Policy (“Policy”) is not to limit commercial activity around Webflow. There are plenty of thriving businesses based on Webflow that comply with this Policy, including our Webflow Experts. Please note that undefined capitalized terms used in this Policy shall have the meanings ascribed to them in the Terms of Service and any relevant agreement, policy, or addendum incorporated by reference therein.
2. Intent of this Policy
Webflow owns and oversees the trademarks for the Webflow name, products, logos, and other intellectual properties (collectively, the “Webflow Marks”). We developed this Policy to:
- Provide guidelines for those who would like use the Webflow Marks;
- Clearly define how Webflow-related businesses and projects can and cannot use Webflow Marks; and
- Prevent/discourage anyone from using the Webflow Marks to unfairly profit from, trick, or confuse people looking for official Webflow resources.
As such, you will need permission from Webflow to use any Webflow Marks if you intend to use the Webflow Marks in a manner that is not permitted under this Policy. Additionally, if we determine that your use of the Webflow Marks is in violation of this Policy, our Terms of Service, or any other relevant agreement, policy, or addendum you are subject to, we can revoke your right to use the Webflow Marks at any time.
3. Prohibited Uses of the Webflow Marks
Unless you have our explicit permission, you are expressly prohibited from:
- Registering the Webflow Marks (or derivative words or phrases) as part of a domain name;
- Combining any of the Webflow Marks with your company name, your product, your marks, or incorporate any of the Webflow Marks into your logo;
- Using a logo, company name, domain name, or mark that is confusingly similar to the Webflow Marks;
- Using phrases such as “Webflow Partner,” “Webflow Expert,” or “Webflow Certified”;
- Changing the color of our logo; photoshop or otherwise modify our logos; add words directly around the logos; or overlap our logo with shapes or photos; or
- Using old versions of the Webflow Marks.
4. Permitted Uses of the Webflow Marks
You may use the Webflow Marks in a referential phrase to refer to and explain your services (but not a stylized version of any Webflow Mark), so long as the use does not suggest an affiliation with or an endorsement by Webflow. Your use of any Webflow Mark must only be referential and less prominent than your own business name or brand.
For example, a consulting company named Very Cool Web Services may describe its business as “Very Cool Web Services, offering Webflow consulting for small businesses.” However, that same company cannot name its business “The Webflow Consulting Company.”
Similarly, a business that provides Webflow templates named Very Cool Templates may describe itself as “Very Cool Templates, creators of Webflow templates,” but cannot call itself “The Webflow Template Company.”
Please note that any use of the Webflow Marks must be in accordance with the Brand Usage Guidelines.
5. Advertising Rules and Restrictions
You cannot use the Webflow Marks in any keyword targeting via AdSense/AdWords or similar products.
You may be able to use the Webflow Marks in the text of advertising provided that you are just referring to your services and it is clear that you are not authorized, affiliated, or otherwise endorsed by Webflow. For example, you cannot run advertisements that include text such as “the Webflow Design Agency,” “the Webflow Experts,” “Webflow approved.” However, you are permitted to to run advertisements that include text such as, “ABC Design Agency, we build in Webflow” since customers would not be confused as to your relationship with Webflow.
When you display the Webflow Marks or the Webflow product in demonstrations, webinars, or your materials, you must include disclaimers such as: “This webinar is independent of Webflow, Inc., and is not authorized by, endorsed by, sponsored by, affiliated with, or otherwise approved by Webflow, Inc.”
6. Requesting Permission to Use the Webflow Marks
If you would like to use the Webflow Marks in a manner that is prohibited or not provided for in this policy, please email email@example.com to seek permission from our team. When in doubt, please contact us for clarification.
7. Violations of this Policy
Webflow, in our sole discretion, may permanently or temporarily terminate, downgrade, suspend, or prohibit your access to the Webflow Platform without prior notice and liability if you violate any provision of this Policy.