Today we’re making it easier for design teams to build sites faster and safely explore new designs with page branching — a new feature that allows multiple designers to work on separate pages at the same time. Page branching is available today for Webflow Enterprise customers and Enterprise Partners.
How it helps teams
Up until now, growing teams have struggled to work on the same site in parallel. Page branching unlocks more efficient collaboration and lets you:
- Build and ship faster → with multiple teammates working in the Designer at the same time, your team can ship more updates faster.
- Increase team productivity → stop staggering and scheduling design work across your team, or waiting for your turn – single-player in the Designer is now a thing of the past.
- Safely explore new designs → work on a branched page in isolation without fear that your teammates will publish work-in-progress design changes.
How page branching works
Let’s say you’re on a team and you want to make changes to the homepage in isolation while the rest of your team edits and publishes the rest of the site. At a high level, here’s the new workflow you’ll be able to follow:
- Branch. Create a branch of the homepage
- Build. Build on that branch with existing classes and components, or create new styles
- Update. Update the branch with the latest classes and components as the main project evolves
- Merge. Merge the branch into the main project, replacing the original homepage
- Publish. Publish the site with the updated homepage
What’s next for page branching
This is just the first step to improve the experience for teams of multiple designers using Webflow at the same time. Here’s a look at some of what we’ll be shipping in the future to make page branching workflows even more powerful:
- Modify page settings and classes on branches
- Manage conflicts that arise during merge
- Enrich the Site Activity log with branch activity
- Request reviews and approve branch changes before merging
To learn more about unlocking page branching for your team, get in touch with our sales team.